Best Way To Stay On Track With Your Diet!
There are many reasons why you might incorporate a high protein diet into your lifestyle. Perhaps you’re looking to lose weight and want a way to stay full for longer. Or, maybe you’re an athlete who needs a boost of energy.
Regardless of the reason, having a high protein diet can benefit your life in more than one way.
Most sources will tell you to eat high protein recipes, including lean protein and dairy. Some familiar protein sources that fit into this category include lean ground beef, sour cream, goat cheese, chicken breast, feta cheese, and more.
Meal delivery services can be an easy solution for those who don’t have time to craft their protein-packed dinner recipes or perhaps want to add in delicious protein-heavy meal options.
These protein-dense meals allow an easy and convenient way to enjoy a healthy dinner (or other meals) without spending an absorbent amount of time at the grocery store.
Below you’ll find some top picks of home delivery services that will make a high protein diet easy to follow.
Don’t want to continue reading? Here is a Quick List of the Best High Protein Meal Delivery Services of 2022:
- Sunbasket– Sustainable protein-rich meals that accommodate dietary requirements
- Freshly – Healthy gluten-free prepared meals
- Home Chef – Easy low-carb meal kits with protein pack add-ons available
- Green Chef – Keto-friendly and paleo protein-packed meals
- Veestro – Healthy plant-based meal delivery service
What We Look for In High Protein Meal Delivery Kits?
We explore a few critical categories before determining whether a meal-delivery kit is suitable for a high protein diet and worth mentioning.
We’ve broken these categories down into four chief characteristics.
Our top high protein meal delivery kit determining factors:
- Are the meals filled with high-quality protein? We look at whether the essential amino acids present fit the requirements.
- Is there sufficient protein versatility? We want to ensure these meal delivery kits have plenty of protein varieties, from vegetarian options to chicken, beef, and seafood.
- Is protein the main ingredient? Since protein is an energy source, we want to ensure it’s the central aspect of the meal to consider it high-protein.
- Do you get good value for your money? Each meal must provide premium ingredients at reasonable rates.
Organic High-Protein Meal Kits, Premade Meals & Protein Packs
Sunbasket is a top meal delivery service with sustainably sourced protein and locally sourced produce. They have low carb and paleo meals, focusing on high-protein recipes.
Both paleo and low-carb diets require a higher amount of protein intake. Because of this, you can rest assured that selecting meals from Sunbasket based on this option will provide delicious recipes that have sufficient protein.
If you’re looking for even more protein in each meal, you can include an extra protein pack in your weekly delivery from Sunbasket.
Benefits Of Sunbasket:
- Low-carb and paleo meals as high-protein options
- Extra protein pack options
- Options for meal kits and prepared meals in the same order
- High-quality, sustainable, organic ingredients
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack choices
Sample Menu From Sunbasket:
- Mediterranean honey-harissa salmon with apple-cabbage slaw
- Chipotle Shrimp and Cajun-spiced potato over a romaine salad
- Mediterranean turkey kebabs with carrot and squash ribbon salad
- Spinach salad with chicken, roasted almonds, and honey-mustard vinaigrette
Most extensive Variety Of Ready To Heat & Eat High Protein Meals
Freshly has delicious pre-portioned prepared to order from each week. The average protein content of each meal is 8g, which is an excellent step toward the 50g-60g minimum intake of protein recommended daily.
This meal delivery service uses high-quality ingredients and provides options for those looking to stay on a plant-based or low-calorie diet. Nearly every meal is gluten-free, making it easy for those with celiac disease to maintain a good protein intake.
Benefits Of Freshly:
- Choice of extra protein and sides
- Individual portions or multiple portions for families
- Options for different dietary needs and tastes like plant-based and low-calorie options
- Meals clearly labeled
- Convenient heat and meals for busy schedules
Sample Menu From Freshly:
- Zingy buffalo chicken with loaded cauliflower
- Steak peppercorn with sautéed carrots & French green beans
- Cauliflower Shell Beef Bolognese with Nonna’s Soffritto & Italian Cheeses
- Savory-Sweet Chicken Teriyaki Bowl with Basmati Rice & Veggies
Carb-Conscious Meal Kits and Oven-Ready Meal
Home Chef is another excellent meal kit delivery service that provides low-carb options. As mentioned, these options typically have a higher protein content than standard balanced meals.
With the option to add a protein pack to your weekly delivery, you’ll find it easy to maintain a healthy diet when using Home Chef. Part of the appeal of Home Chef is the many options available for cooking methods, including grill-ready and oven-ready options. Because of this, it’s easier to customize deliveries to your personal needs.
Benefits Of Home Chef
- Low-carb options to choose from
- Ability to add extra proteins weekly
- Option to swap out meat for your favorite protein
- Breakfast, Dessert, and Salad add-on options
- Meal kits, prepared meals, oven-ready meals, and more satisfying dish options available
Sample Menu From Home Chef:
- Beef taco salad bowl with cheddar
- Crispy chicken with pickle cream sauce and spiced corn and broccoli
- Bacon-stuffed pork meatballs with chipotle sauce and cauliflower
- Spicy Korean-style ground beef lettuce cups with sesame slaw
- Chicken with hatch chile sauce and pepita butternut squash
Organic Keto And Paleo Meal Plan
Green Chef now offers the ability to select their keto and paleo meal plan, which only shows the available meals that fit this category. These options are marked for meal selection, with the Mediterranean and gluten-free options available as well.
Every week, Green Chef delivers easy-to-cook meals that use premium ingredients. These meals include pre-portioned ingredients to avoid food waste that you might encounter from ordering delivery or creating a standard home-cooked meal.
Benefits Of Green Chef:
- Keto and paleo meal plan available, all filled with proteins
- Includes organic produce and eggs in meals
- Meals support local farms
- It only requires essential pantry items like olive oil, salt, and kitchen tools
- Easy to cook meal kits delivered each week
Sample Menu From Green Chef:
- Balsamic mushroom & tomato chicken creamy kale, scallion
- Smoky salmon with remoulade green beans, apple-cabbage slaw with dried cranberries
- Pork tenderloin with spicy aioli Japanese vegetable fritters, cashew cauliflower “rice”
- Southwest pork patties, butternut squash hash with kale, cabbage, tomato & pepitas
- French lentil salad with goat cheese and walnuts
Plant-Based Meal Delivery Service
Choosing a plant-based or vegan diet can make it more challenging to find high-protein meals. Veestro makes it easy by allowing you to choose a high-protein filter. Those meals are filled with plant-based proteins like kidney beans, black beans, tofu chicken, and other meat substitutes.
Other available options include gluten-free, low-on-calories, nut-free, and soy-free, to name a few.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options can all be chosen through Veestro’s website, making it easy to maintain a protein-packed diet throughout your day. And with a variety of 20+ meals on the menu – you will never have to worry about getting bored.
Benefits Of Veestro:
- Heat and eat meals, ready in minutes
- Option to filter high protein meals
- An excellent choice for vegans and plant-based dieters
- High-Quality Ingredients in each dish
Sample Menu From Veestro:
- Kale and quinoa green salad
- Enfrijolada Rustica with black beans, veggies, and corn tortillas
- Hawaiian-style chili with bell peppers and beans
- Portobello steak dinner with gluten-free soy sauce
- Ultimate veggie wrap with black beans, quinoa, and organic veggies
If you’re looking for healthy meals that will help you stay on course with weight loss or will aid in fueling your workouts, a protein diet may be proper for you. By using one of the above delivery services, you can ensure that high-protein dinners are convenient and easy.
By creating an easier way to enjoy high protein recipes, you’ll be more likely to stick with this diet, which can add more health benefits, as mentioned above.
Don’t let your busy schedule or cooking skills get in the way of a healthy lifestyle!
Does HelloFresh Have High-Protein Meals?
Yes, HelloFresh does offer high protein menu items.
Each meal chosen includes a great source of protein from meat, seafood, or vegetarian sources (like beans).
The Hello Fresh weekly menu also includes a protein variety pack that can be purchased with each delivery. These protein packs include additional chicken breasts, ground beef, and ground pork. Adding more protein makes it easier to boost protein content in each recipe.
What Are The Benefits Of A High Protein Diet?
As mentioned, there are many high protein diet benefits, including feeling more satiated after a meal and potential weight loss. Getting enough protein in your diet helps you help reduce the craving to snack later at night. It also enables you to avoid cravings for unhealthy foods.
Eating protein can boost metabolism because of its higher thermic effect, which can aid in burning more calories each day. In some cases, eating a higher protein diet can help you recover faster after injuries. Because of this, many athletes or those who do vigorous workouts pursue a high protein diet.
Does Noom Deliver Food?
Noom is a unique weight loss app that provides psychological feedback and insight into your eating habits. While Noom provides you with information to help you learn about what foods work best for your goals, it does not offer a strict diet to follow.
Most create homemade meals to help track food items in the Noom app. However, you can easily incorporate meal delivery kits or prepared meal delivery services into your Noom diet.
What Is The Healthiest Prepared Meal Delivery Service?
After trying many prepared meal delivery services, we can say that Freshly is one of the top prepared meal delivery services, for a few reasons. First, with the option to choose from over 30 healthy filling dinner (and lunch) recipes each week, you will never get bored with your food.
Moreover, the Freshly meals are ready in three minutes, making them easy to take on the go or bring as a lunch for work.
Lastly, the meals are perfectly pre-portioned, meaning you are less likely to overeat or have good food going to waste.
If you’re searching for more information on fresh and delicious meal kits to help you stay on track, check out our related article on Healthy Meal Kits.