If the last decade has taught us anything, it is that it does not hurt to be prepared! Life can be very unpredictable, and it is impossible to know what lies ahead.
Without being an alarmist, it is a great idea to know that you are prepared for survival in the event of the next extreme weather event or pandemic. Recently we have seen hurricanes, tornadoes, severe wildfires, polar vortexes, and of course, there is Covid-19.
No-one really wants to think about an emergency. But, if the worst does happen, a little preparation can mean that you are in control of your life, rather than feeling helpless. Today we are going to be looking at the best survival food kits in the Industry. These companies allow you to stock up and be prepared with a minimum of effort. Then you can then put future emergencies to the back of your mind knowing that you are ready for whatever might happen in the future.
Following is our list of the best companies that provide survival food kits:
1. Valley Food Storage
The Valley Food Storage company focuses on clean and nutritious freeze-dried survival foods of all kinds. Their offerings include kits with meals that cover options from breakfast to dinner, fruit and vegetable snacks, protein packs, and more. What’s impressive about this company is that all of their food items are free of artificial ingredients and GMOs. Valley Food Storage provides food that you can trust to last for a long time while also maintaining your health.
- Long term food kits for a month, three months, six months, or a year
- Freeze-dried breakfasts – including vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free options
- Freeze-dried lunches and dinners – including vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free options
- Freeze-dried fruits and vegetables
- Freeze-dried proteins – meat, chicken, cheese and more
- 25-year shelf life
- Clean foods – no artificial ingredients, GMO’s, fillers or preservatives
- Supportive of different dietary needs – vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free
- The family table reward system
- Many types of meal options for survival
2. Survival Frog
Byron Walker founded The Survival Frog in 2009. Since then, the company’s explicit mission is to educate people and help them to prepare and protect their families. They do this by providing advanced survival gear, foods, and other essentials at affordable prices. When it comes to survival food kits, the company distinguishes itself from other companies with its impressive selection of meat options. These options include all-natural canned meats, sealed and then slow-cooked for longevity, dried meats, and many pouch meals that include meat options.
- Survival foods including:
- Canned and dried meats and freeze-dried items
- Full survival food kits (Wise food kits collection and Legacy food kits selection)
- Backpackers Pantry – rice, macaroni, noodles and more
- Bars – paleo food bars by Blue Dinosaur
- Survival kits – car kits, first aid, cooking kits, bags and more
- Survival gear – lighting, personal safety, heating, tent options, survival tools, knives and much more
- Free Shipping on all orders over $50 across America
- Paleo food kits option
- Many different types of meats
- One-stop-shop for all survival needs
- Reward points program
- Larger serving sizes
3. Wise Company
Wise Company focuses on providing dependable, uncomplicated, high-quality, long-lasting, and affordable ready-made survival foods. Their food products are freeze-dried and dehydrated. The company also offers other needed emergency preparedness and outdoor use products, like lighting, heating, cooking water, and more.
All of their products are perfect for emergencies like war or lockdown, but also suitable for just a weekend camping.
- Long term food kits – 240 to 4300 Serving Package
- Starter kits
- Freeze-dried meats, milk, and eggs
- Freeze-dried fruits and vegetables
- Outdoor foods – camping food like pasta, cereal, rice and more
- Emergency kits and supply – water, power, seeds buckets
- Long shelve life
- One-stop-shop for all survival needs
- Gluten-free and organic meal options
- Many types of survival meal options
- Outdoor camping food supplies
- 90-day money-back guarantee
4. My Patriot Supply
My Patriot Supply supplies long-lasting emergency food supplies and is known for catering to a range of dietary needs. My Patriot Supply has short-term emergency food supplies that suit periods from three days up to a month, and long-term food supplies, which suit periods from one month to a year. All their food supplies will last up to 25 years in storage. My Patriot also supplies survival essentials such as cooking kits, seed vaults, fuel, water filtration systems, and more.
- Short and long-term food supplies
- Fruit and veggie emergency food kits
- #10 cans
- Survival meat and protein kits
- Seeds and micro-greens kits
- Survival coffee kits
- Gluten-free survival food kits
- Survival items – like gear, lighting, fuel, first aid kits and more
- Water filtration options
- Air purifying systems
- Many options for ready meals for survival food kits
- Their food items have a shelf life of 25-year to 30-years
- 1500-2000+ calories per day
- Gluten-free options available
- Military Discount
- Free Shipping on orders over $99
5. The Ready Store
The Ready Store is a leader company for emergency preparedness and survival food needs. The company’s motto is to make it easy for you to get ready for emergency survival times. The Ready Store is a one-stop-shop to all of your survival needs, with a huge variety of survival items – including many options of survival food kits, water storage solutions, and survival gear. The company is making sure to supply only high-quality products, at the lowest prices possible.
- Full survival kits
- Meats and other proteins like beans and legumes
- Pasta, rice and other carbs
- Freeze-dried fruits & vegetables
- Freeze-dried eggs and dairy meals
- calories bar
- Snacks and desserts options
- TSOGO shakes and powders
- Survival gear – light, first-aid, warmth, pet supply, cooking &fuel and more
- Water filters, purifiers and more
- MRE foods
- A one-stop-shop for all survival needs
- Long-lasting food with a shelf life of 20-30 years
- Hige quality of freeze-dried foods
- Many options of survival foods and food kits – meats, pasta, fruits & vegetables, eggs, dairy, calories bar and so much more
- Great value for money – with a promise of price match guarantee
- Gluten-free, soy-free, lactose-free and low sodium options available
- Ready Club – members club benefits
What is a survival food kit?
So, what exactly is a survival food kit?
A survival food kit contains food that will sustain you and your family during an emergency. An emergency could constitute anything from a natural disaster, a global war, a pandemic, and everything in between. A survival food kit should contain a range of meals that are super easy to prepare and cater to your daily dietary requirements. Because a survival food kit must last until you need it, the foods are generally dehydrated, or freeze-dried and are easy to rehydrate, reconstitute and prepare.
By investing in survival food kits, you are making a conscious decision to be prepared and ready for whatever might happen in the future. It is a decisive action that will mean that you can be secure in the knowledge that you are in control of, regardless of what might happen. After you purchase your survival food kits, you can pack them away and forget about them. Then if there are any unfortunate future events, you can be secure in the knowledge that your food security is assured.
Purchasing a survival food kit is all about hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst, so whatever happens, you are ready!