Losing weight is difficult enough as it is without adding the special needs you have for diabetes. Good thing there is a weight loss program that helps you lose weight while at the same time, gives you the kind of meals that are ideal for diabetics. It’s called the Nutrisystem Diabetics Plan. This meal-delivery program helps you effectively manage your type-2 diabetes while at the same time helps you shed pounds.
What is the Nutrisystem Diabetics Program?
It is a program where you get to choose from three four-week plans that come with meals that are delivered to your doorstep. These meals are formulated to help you shed the weight and keep your diabetes in check. This system allows you to enjoy tasty meals without all the hassle of food prep and calorie counting – the system does this for you!
What do you get with the Nutrisystem weight loss for diabetics plan?
The three options you have when you sign up for the Nutrisystem for diabetics program include the Diabetes Basic, Diabetes Core, and Diabetes Uniquely Yours. Each option comes with four weeks’ worth of meals delivered to you. This is what you can expect from these three plans:
- Diabetes Basic – The basic plan for this program gives you 4 weeks of meals that have been pre-selected for you. You also get access to support from dietitians and diabetes experts. You can also use a variety of trackers and tools that will help you keep an eye on your progress.
- Diabetes Core – This plan gives you the freedom to choose from over a hundred food options for your weekly meals. Just like the basic plan, you also get free access to experts who can help you with your diet plan.
- Diabetes Uniquely Yours – This is the most popular option of the three since it gives you the freedom to pick from more than 160 options for your plan. You can opt for frozen meals or fresh ones. You can also choose to mix and match your selection to suit your taste.
All three plans come with breakfast, a mid-morning snack, a hearty lunch, and an afternoon snack. You also get a tasty dinner meal and an evening snack with each one. These meals follow specific guidelines that help keep your blood sugar levels stable, with meal and snack intervals scheduled every 2 to 3 hours. This is to prevent any spikes in your blood sugar levels.
To promote weight loss while keeping you satiated, these meals are formulated to help you feel full while keeping caloric count at 1,200 to 1,500 per day (different calorie-count for man and woman). This is because each meal is packed with nutrients that make you feel fuller. These include lean protein, healthy fats, and high-fiber carbohydrates. This means you eat well each day without feeling hunger pangs while keeping your diabetes in check and losing weight all at the same time.
How much weight can you expect to lose with the Nutrisystem diabetics program?
This is one question people frequently ask when they get on this system and the answer is dependent on your sticking to the program religiously. If you follow all the edicts of the said system, you will find yourself shedding an average of 14 to 18 pounds in three months. That means you get to lose a lot of weight while on the system while keeping your blood sugar levels in check.
Other Benefits of Using the Nutrisystem Diabetes Weight Loss Program
Aside from losing weight and keeping blood sugar levels steady, the system has a few other benefits that you can enjoy. These include the following:
- Lifestyle and overall dietary change – This program helps you change how you view food. It offers you a chance to change how you live your life by altering your dietary habits and encouraging you to live a healthier life.
- More time for other things – It also allows you to spend more time on other things that matter to you in your life. You won’t have to spend hours prepping your food or researching what types of food can help you lose weight safely while keeping your diabetes in check.
- You can dine out – Another benefit you get from being on this program is you actually get the chance to eat out. While a lot of weight-loss programs discourage dining out, the Nutrisystem Diabetics Program allows you such freedoms with the help of guidelines you can easily follow. The program even recommends specific restaurants and food outlets that you can safely go to without breaking your weight loss program.
- You don’t suffer from hunger pangs – You should also note that while it is called a diet, it does not leave you craving for more. Since the meals are formulated to help you feel full until your next meal, you don’t feel hungry, which prevents you from snacking outside of the system.
Sample Meal Plans for Nutrisystem Diabetics Plan
If you are still unsure whether or not this weight loss plan for diabetics is ideal for you despite the information stated in this Nutrisystem diabetics program review, maybe this example of a two-day meal plan will help you see the light:
- Breakfast – 7 am – Nutrisystem Muffin with Canadian Style Turkey Bacon, Cheese, and Egg
- Mid-morning Snack – 10 am – Melon slices and skim latte
- Lunch – 12 noon – Turkey burger in a whole grain bun paired with a green salad
- Mid-afternoon Snack – 3 pm – Whole grain toast with a slathering of almond butter
- Dinner – 6 pm – Nutrisystem Chicken Parm with sautéed green beans
- Evening Snack – 9 pm – Nutrisystem Ice-cream Sandwich
- Breakfast – 7 am – Nutrisystem Cinnamon Muffin
- Mid-morning Snack – 10 am – Apple slices and peanut butter
- Lunch – 12 noon – Nutrisystem Hamburger with a side salad
- Mid-afternoon Snack – 3 pm – Low-fat cheese on whole-grain crackers
- Dinner – 6 pm – Nutrisystem Chicken breasts stuffed with mushrooms and a side of sautéed spinach
- Evening Snack – 9 pm – White cheddar popcorn
As you can see, the meals on the first day and the second day are in no way similar, yet these both provide you with enough nutrients and flavor to keep you satiated. The plan’s variety of meals can come from your own choices or it can be chosen by experts via the Chef’s Choice option.
The Bottom Line
With the Nutrisystem Diabetics Plan, you get tasty meals that have the right calorie count each day in a program that helps keep your diabetes in check. You get to see results without compromising your health. Your taste buds also get to rejoice at the tasty options you have and you don’t have to spend any time prepping your meals since everything comes to you all ready to eat. If you truly want to lose weight without having to worry about your diabetes while enjoying what you eat at the same time, the Nutrisystem diabetics meal plan is definitely worth considering!