Losing weight is difficult enough as it is without adding the unique needs of people with diabetes. There is a weight loss program that helps you lose weight while giving you meals specially designed for people with diabetes – It’s called the Nutrisystem Diabetics Plan.
This 4-weeks plan will help you effectively manage your type-2 diabetes or pre-diabetic conditions while at the same time, help you shed pounds.
What Is the Nutrisystem Diabetics Program?
In the Nutrisystem diabetics program, you get to choose from three four-week plans (described below). With each plan, you will get portion-controlled meals delivered to your home. These meals are formulated to help you lose weight and keep your diabetes in check.
This program was designed to allow you to enjoy tasty meals without the hassle of meal planning, calorie counting, and cooking – the system does it all for you!
What Do You Get With the Nutrisystem Diabetics plan?
The three options you have when you sign up for the Nutrisystem D program include the Diabetes Basic, Diabetes Core, and Diabetes Uniquely Yours. Each option comes with four weeks’ worth of meals. This is what you can expect from these three plans:
- Diabetes Basic – The basic plan for this program gives you four weeks of meals that have been pre-selected for you, or you can choose from over a hundred food options for your weekly meals. You also get access to support from a certified diabetes educator. You can also use various trackers and tools that will help you keep an eye on your progress.
- Diabetes Uniquely Yours – This is the most popular option of the three since it gives you the freedom to pick from more than 160 options for your plan. You can opt for frozen meals or fresh ones. You can also choose to mix and match your selection to suit your taste.
- Uniquely Yours Ultimate Diabetes diet Plan – This plan offers the same variety as the regular ultimate plan, but every day is covered. With seven days a week menu, it’s foolproof!
All three plans come with breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, a tasty dinner, and an evening snack for the number of days covered by the plan.
These meals follow specific guidelines that help keep your blood sugar levels stable, with meal and snack intervals scheduled every 2 to 3 hours. This is to prevent any spikes in your blood sugar levels.
To promote weight loss, these meals are formulated to help you feel full while keeping caloric count at 1,200 to 1,500 per day (different calorie-count for man and woman). The meals include lean protein, healthy fats, and high-fiber carbohydrates. This means you eat well each day without feeling hunger pangs while keeping your diabetes in check and losing weight all at the same time.
How Much Weight-Loss Can You Expect With the Nutrisystem Plan For Diabetics?
The Nutrisystem success question is frequently asked. The answer is simple – If you follow the plan’s system, you will find yourself shedding an average of 14 to 18 pounds in three months! That means you get to lose a lot of weight while on the system while keeping your blood sugar levels in check.
Other Benefits of Using the Nutrisystem Diabetes Weight Loss Program
Aside from losing weight and keeping blood sugar levels steady, the system has a few other benefits that you can enjoy. These include the following:
- Lifestyle and overall dietary change – This program helps you change how you view food. It offers you a chance to change your eating habits and encourage you to live a healthier life.
- More time for other things – You won’t have to spend hours prepping your food or researching for good recipes for people with type 2 diabetics. That means more free time to spend on other things that matter to you in your life.
- Variety – With 160+ menu items, the Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Diabetes Plan has a wide variety of exciting flex meals to choose from—including top-rated frozen meals and snacks.
- You don’t suffer from hunger pangs – You should also note that it does not leave you craving for more even though it is called a diet. Since the meals are formulated to help you feel full until your next meal, you don’t feel hungry, which prevents you from snacking outside of the system.
- Money-Back Guarantee – You can try Nutrisystem for 14 days. If you don’t love it, they guarantee to give you a full refund, less the cost of shipping.
Nutrisystem Diabetics Sample Menu
If you are still unsure whether this meal delivery covers your needs, maybe this sample menu will help you to go it a try:
Day 1 Nutrisystem Diabetics Sample Me
- Breakfast – 7 am – Just Add Eggs! Tuscan-Inspired Scramble
- Mid-morning Snack – 10 am – Melon slices and skin latte
- Lunch – noon – Pepperoni Pizza Melt
- Mid-afternoon Snack – 3 pm – Sweet and Salty Nut Bar
- Dinner – 6 pm – Roasted Turkey Medallions
- Evening Snack – 9 pm – Nutrisystem Ice-cream Sandwich
Day 2 Nutrisystem Diabetics Sample Me
- Breakfast – 7 am – Buttermilk Waffles
- Mid-morning Snack – 10 am – Apple slices and peanut butter
- Lunch – noon – Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Mid-afternoon Snack – 3 pm – Low-fat cheese on whole-grain crackers
- Dinner – 6 pm – Artichoke and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Evening Snack – 9 pm – Orange Cream Bar
As you can see, the meals on the first day and the second day are in no way similar, yet these both provide you with enough nutrients and flavor to keep you satiated. The plan’s variety of meals can come from your own choices, or experts can choose it via the Chef’s Choice option.
The Bottom Line of Our Review
With the Nutrisystem Diabetics Plan, you get tasty meals with the right calorie count each day. This program will most defiantly help you to keep your diabetes in check.
If you follow the plan, you will get to see results without compromising your health or spending long hours in the kitchen – since everything comes to you all ready to eat. Your taste buds will also get to enjoy the tasty meal options.
If you genuinely want to lose weight without having to worry about your diabetes and enjoying what you eat at the same time – the Nutrisystem diabetics meal program is worth it for you!