Using a meal delivery service can save you a lot of time. When you find the right plan for your taste and dietary requirements, you can expect to have nutritious and delicious meal ingredients delivered straight to your door.
If you are on a more specific diet, such as the vegan diet, you might sift through various vegan meal delivery options to make sure they offer a proper vegan meal plan.
Does Blue Apron offer a Vegan Meal Plan?
The Blue Apron menu includes a vegetarian plan, which serves two. If you are looking for strictly plant-based meals, you might have to substitute and augment the meal kits to create a Blue Apron vegan plan. This is mainly because dairy and eggs are used in some of the vegetarian meals on offer.
Some of the meals offered at the Blue Apron vegetarian plan that might suit the vegan diet include:
- Stir-Fried Tofu & Vegetables with Spicy Sesame-Peanut Sauce
- Mushroom Tempura Rice Bowl with Avocado & Spicy Marinated Carrots
- Couscous-Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Spinach, Raisins & Tahini Dressing
- Beyond Burger™ & Spicy Peanut Sauce with Bok Choy & Crispy Onion Salad
- Greek-Style Veggie Pitas with Lemon-Dressed Broccoli
Even though Blue Apron does not offer a full Vegan meal kit plan, you need not give up!
Sun Basket has a wide selection of diet plans. Some of these are vegetarian, vegan, Mediterranean, Paleo, and gluten-free. Sun Basket delivers great organic ingredients and easy to cook recipes.
Here are some examples of their vegan meals:
- Portobello burgers with vegan Caesar dressing and tomato-almond salad
- Golden coconut curry with tofu, spinach, and black rice
- Pakora pita pockets with spicy chile-mango sauce
- Korean-style tofu burgers with quick-pickled zucchini and kimchi
Here is where Sun Basket stands out:
- Meals are delicious and easy to cook.
- Ingredients are carefully-selected, seasonal, and organic.
- The packaging used is eco-friendly.
- There is a 100% money-back guarantee on foods you didn’t like, as long as you contact them within seven days of delivery.
- All recipes are approved by Sun Basket’s in–house dietitian. The meals are balanced and rich in nutrients, whole grains, quality protein, and healthy fats. There is also very little added sugar and processed foods.
Advantages of Using a Vegan Meal Delivery Like Blue Apron
Being a vegan is a very rewarding lifestyle, but it does come with some extra work. If you have recently switched to this diet, you may find yourself more conscious about what you eat. It’s vital to ensure that you do not miss out on any nutritional content, vitamins, and minerals that come so easily on a regular meat diet.
Vegans also have to get creative about how to cook their food. You might discover that there are more than a couple of ways to cook a sweet potato.
A vegan diet meal delivery takes away much of the research and creativity required to keep up a balanced vegan diet. You can rely on nutritional expert choices, which ensure that you get all your daily requirements.
This can also be a great way to learn about a whole range of alternative protein sources, vegan meal options, and cooking methods.
Why Trust Our Review?
We at themealkitcomparison.com pride ourselves on being leaders in reviewing meal kit services. We bring you the best comparisons and are well-versed in various diet options and preferences.
One of the significant reasons we stand out is because we trial the meal plans we review to put ourselves in the customer’s shoes. Doing this allows us to see firsthand the food quality, taste, and overall customer experience.
This review found that the Blue Apron plant-based option is lacking because it is mainly geared towards vegetarians. We recommend Sun Basket as a great vegan meal kit choice. Try it here