Our modern diet is one that is constantly evolving. With the introduction of processed and packaged foods, along with additives and preservatives, food allergies have also increased. One of the most common allergies today is that of soy allergy. A soy allergy means that any product containing soybeans can cause reactions ranging from moderate to severe.
When you have a food allergy, such as a soy allergy, it is easy to assume that your diet will be restrictive. You might think that finding delicious and healthy food options is going to become a challenge – particularly in the case of a soy allergy as soy products are widely used in many different products. But things need not be difficult, especially when using a meal kit delivery service.
Meal kit services are experts at catering to those with dietary requirements. By using a meal kit delivery service, preparing dinner will be so easy, as meal kit services do the menu planning, menu writing, grocery shopping and portion control for you!
Something that we do need to stress is that none of these services are certified as being soy-free companies. Each company works in facilities that also process soy products. Every effort is made to ensure that cross-contamination does not occur. However, if your allergy is life-threatening, it is our recommendation that you DO NOT use these services.
Our team of experts at the Meal Kit Comparison is happy to recommend the following meal kit companies as being the best option for soy-free friendly meal kits:
Green Chef – our winner for soy-free meal kits, as part of their Paleo Plan:
Green Chef is a company that is focused on delivering delicious, healthy and all-organic meal kits to your home! They are specialists in catering to dietary requirements and their Paleo Plan is 100% soy-free. Green Chef is unique in that it has received two impressive certifications. It is the first certified organic meal kit company in the States along with being certified gluten-free by the Gluten Intolerance Group’s GFFS program.
Green Chef offers a Paleo Plan that is 100% soy-free and delivers to almost all the continental United States. At this stage, they do not deliver to Alaska, Hawaii or parts of Louisiana.
few examples of Green Chef soy-free menu choices:
- Cherry BBQ pork meatloaves with Green beans with toasted pecans, cabbage & carrot slaw
- Pork with Lemon-Basil Caper Sauce
- Honey-Mustard Chicken with Roasted rainbow carrots & sautéed broccoli
- Steak banh mi bowl with sautéed broccoli, quick-pickled veggies & ginger-lime aïoli
Sun Basket – organic soy-free friendly meal delivery:
Sun Basket is known as a company that caters to an extensive range of dietary and lifestyle requirements. Sun Basket is a super-healthy option as the company uses only organic and sustainably raised farm-fresh produce in all their meal kits. All menu items are clearly marked on their website, and you can even filter the soy-free meals to have a clear view of your soy-free choices. You will easily find at least 8 delicious soy-free meal options every single week.
Sun Basket delivers to 48 states. At this stage, they do not deliver to AK, HI, and parts of MT, NM, and ND.
An example of some Sun Basket soy-free meal kit choices:
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups
- Curried Pork with Roasted Root Vegetables and Apple Ginger Mostarda
- Sausage and White Bean Cassoulet with Arugula Salad
- Smoky White Bean Burgers with Lemon Green BeansItalian Shrimp with Pesto
Home Chef – simple to cook soy-free friendly meal kit service:
Home Chef is a company that is focused on convenience by providing a delicious range of meals that can be on the table within 15-40 minutes. Home Chef has a user-friendly website and their soy-free meals are clearly marked on their menu. The Home Chef menu is all about bringing people together with classic evening meal options that involve inspiring and flavorsome twists!
Home Chef has a pleasing number of soy-free options and delivers to 98% of the United States.
An example of some Home Chef soy-free menu choices:
- Scallops and Black Truffle Cream
- Turkey and Guacamole Tostadas
- Parisian Bistro Bone-In Chicken
- Three-Cheese Butternut Squash Lasagna Fillet
Why use a meal kit service when on a soy-free diet?
If you are on a strict diet such as a soy-free diet it can be challenging constantly coming up with new menus that fulfill all the requirements of your diet while also being tempting and delicious. It can be exhausting! Which is why we love meal kit delivery services. Please keep in mind though that there is currently no meal kit delivery service that is certified soy-free. If you have a life-threatening allergy it is NOT our recommendation you use these services due to the risk of contamination.
- Enjoy a diverse menu when using a meal kit delivery service. The main issue with a food allergy such as soy allergy is that you will initially feel like your dietary options are limited. The beauty of using a meal kit delivery service is that you will enjoy a diverse range of menu options from all over the world. You may well even find that your culinary horizons are broadened with new flavors, cooking styles, cuisines, and seasonings.
- Spend less time in the kitchen and create less waste. Meal kit services deliver portioned controlled meals that include only the ingredients that you will need. This ultimately means less food waste which is better for you and the environment. Also, as a meal kit delivery service does the meal planning, shopping, recipe writing and portion control for you, you will be spending less time in the kitchen and more time on doing the things you love.
- Meal preparation is kept simple and dinnertime is quick and easy! Enjoy meal kits that provide easy-to-follow recipes and pre-portioned ingredients. Dinner will be on the table within 15-40 minutes with a minimum of fuss, stress, and effort!
Why use our “best meal kits for a soy-free diet” review?
Part of our testing process at the Meal Kit Comparison involves our team of experts experiencing first-hand all the companies that we review on our website. The meal-kit industry now has companies that cater to almost every dietary requirement and demographic. As a result, it can be difficult knowing where to start when looking for a company that will best suit your needs. That is where we come in as we have done all the hard work for you. We assessed the menus for choice, ease of preparation, flavors, and taste. Our reviews can be a great place to start in finding a meal kit company for your needs and they will save you unnecessary research and running around.
When you are catering to a serious food allergy the last thing you want to worry about is being challenged with feeling deprived and stressed as you struggle to come up with weekly menu choices. We highly recommend using a meal kit delivery service as they will assist in maintaining your diet while also making life a lot easier! You will be enjoying a range of delicious meals that are delivered directly to your door and you will be saving time on grocery shopping and meal planning!