Preparing for a dinner party can be a stressful experience. What do you cook? How do you make it look impressive to your guests?
These worries can become a thing of the past should you consider using a meal kit service for your dinner party. Meal kits often offer impressive dinner meals that are going to wow.
The meal kit delivery service makes everything easy – by bringing the pre-portioned high-quality ingredients straight to your door. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step recipe card instructions. You can prepare the best dinner party meals in a matter of 30 minutes or less.
So, if you love hosting, here are some of the companies that we recommend that supply easy yet impressive meal kits to cook.
We also have some great tips for best meal kits for a plain dinner you check
Which Meal Kit Service is Best For Your Dinner Party?
1. Blue Apron – Best Chef-Designed Meal Kits For Dinner Parties
The Blue Apron meal delivery service provides you with real restaurant-quality meals that taste exceptional. They also have gourmet options every week to keep the menu even more upscaled.
With Blue Apron, you will get farm-fresh and high-quality ingredients without needing grocery store trips. The meals are designed to be ready to eat in 20-40 minutes, with easy-to-follow recipe cards.
You have the option to choose between a two to four people plan, depending on the size of your party. You also have the flexibility to change your plan from week to week.
Blue Apron is an excellent service to use if you like hosting dinner parties regularly, but it’s also a nice kipper for upscaled dinners at home with your partner or family.
Some of the Blue Apron meals we recommend for a dinner party:
- Fontina & Pepper Focaccia Pizza with Spicy Garlic Oil
- Salmon and cilantro rice bowls
- Steaks & Tomato Chutney Pan Sauce with Mashed Potatoes & Collard Greens
- Seared Scallops & Mushroom Risotto with Chocolate-Pistachio Truffles
- Spanish Lamb & Saffron Rice with Shishito Peppers & Romesco Mayo
- Korean-Style Beef Bowl with Shishito Peppers & Gochujang Mayo
Blue Apron offers its’ subscription service for two or four people. On top of the regular meal plans, the company also provides a vegetarian meal plan, and a wellness meal plan with WW approved and low carb meals.
2. Sunbasket – Best Organic Meal Kit Delivery For Dinner Party
The meals provided by the Sun Basket meal kit service are effortless to prepare and quick to cook, making them perfect for catering to a dinner party at home.
Perhaps the main benefit of Sun Basket is that it’s a 100% organic ingredients food service. The company focuses on delivering high-quality and fresh ingredients, working with a network of local organic and sustainable farms.
Another great benefit of the service is the vast collection of meals offered per week! With more than 20 meals to choose from, you can be sure to find some great options for any type of party you are looking to host – Asian, Italian, American, or Mexican style.
All the meals are super healthy and delicious! Moreover, with most meals on the menu, you can switch the protein choice to fit your needs best.
The Sun Basket service is offered as a flexible subscription service but also allows an option for a one-time purchase.
We highly recommend trying these dishes from the Sun Basket menu for your next dinner party:
- Chicken Marbella with olives, dates, and chicory
- Steaks with chimichurri and harissa-roasted sweet potato
- Filet mignons with roasted garlic, root vegetables, and lemon aioli
- King salmon with dill-yogurt sauce and fennel-orange salad
- Spicy bucatini arrabbiata with shrimp, mushrooms, and green beans
- Chiles Rellenos with sirloin steak strips, pinto beans, and romesco
The Sun Basket menu offers various oven-ready meals, plant-based meals, Diabetes-Friendly meals, low-carb meals, Mediterranean meals, gluten-free meals, kid-friendly meals, and Fully prepared meals.
3. Home Chef – Easy Cooking Meal Kits For Dinner Parties
Home Chef is all about making dinners easy and tasteful. From 5-minute meals to 30+ minute chef-designed masterpieces – you’ll find meals that fit your changing culinary needs.
The Home Chef service is notably flexible – with an option for three meals or more per week, for two-person to six-person delivery plans.
The weekly recipe rotations for all skill levels and dietary preferences, so there’s always something new and exciting to cook for a fun feast. Most meals can even be customized to your liking – you can upgrade, swap, or double up proteins on your select meals, as you wish.
Some of the meals we suggest trying from Home Chef are:
- Rockefeller salmon with roasted red pepper green beans and potatoes
- Scallops with Lemon-Caper Pasta with baby spinach
- Wood-Fired BBQ chicken pizza with caramelized onions and ranch drizzle
- Cheeseburger stuffed peppers with pickles and tomato
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Penne Bake with Mozzarella – oven-ready meal
- Mojo Pork Tacos with Queso Fresco and Sour Cream – 15 minutes meal kit
The Home Chef menu offers a variety of veggie, low-carb, calorie-conscious, oven-ready, and grill-ready meals.
4. Dinnerly – Affordable Dinner Party Meal Kit Option
Dinnerly is mostly known for being the best affordable meal kit delivery service – with a meal price that starts at just $4.69 per serving.
The meals offered by Dinnerly are fast to cook, easy to prep, and tasty. With 16 easy and simple recipes every week, you can own any dinner party with delicious meals you can make in 30 minutes or less.
Another great feature of the menu is the dessert options offered every week! Treats like triple chocolate skillet cake or apple crisp cheesecake bars.
Dinnerly allows you to select when you would like the meal kit delivered straight to your door, and you can choose between two or four people per serving plan, with three meals per week.
Some of the Dinnerly meal kits we recommend are:
- Ravioli in fresh tomato sauce
- Baked Tortelloni Parm with Marinara Sauce
- Steak Quesadillas with Charred Corn & Roasted Red Peppers
- Roasted BBQ-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Buttery Corn & Broccoli
- Popcorn Shrimp with Green Bean Fries & Chipotle Ranch Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Mac & Cheese
The Dinnerly menu offers a variety of vegetarian, pescatarian, low-calorie, and picky eaters meals.
5. HelloFresh – Classic Meal Kits For Dinner Party
Hello Fresh is the largest and one of the best meal delivery services in the US today.
The Hello Fresh menu includes 20 meal choices that change per week. This ensures that you can get a variety of meals and never get bored with the meals you serve your guests.
The Hello Fresh meals are classic favorites with a nice twist every time, and they include High-quality ingredients sourced straight from local farms.
The meals offer a fun cooking experience, easy to follow recipe cards, and results that will make you look like an unstoppable chef in front of your friends and family. The company promises to test each recipe 45 times to ensure deliciousness and simplicity – and from our experience, it is well noted!
Some of the Hello Fresh great party meals are:
- Cavatappi Beef Ragù with Parmesan & Parsley
- Fully Loaded Pork Taquitos with Pico de Gallo, Creamy Guacamole & Hot Sauce
- Roasted Garlic & Zucchini Flatbreads with White Sauce, Mozzarella & Grape Tomatoes
- Beef Tenderloin au Poivre with Roasted Potatoes & Green Beans
- Sizzling Ginger Shrimp with Katsu Sauce with Scallion Rice & Roasted Green Beans
- Pork Carnitas Tacos with Pickled Onion & Monterey Jack Cheese
The Hello Fresh menu includes some vegetarian, pescatarian, low-calorie, and family-friendly meals.
Benefits of Using a Meal Kit Delivery Service for a Dinner Party
Using a meal delivery service for your dinner party has a few notable benefits:
Meal Kits Are Easy To Use
Preparing a meal for a party can often be very complicated and time-consuming. Meal kits get rid of this by doing the meal planning for you and designing the meals to be easy to prepare.
Meal Kits Saves You Time
Using a meal kit service, you will no longer have to go to the grocery store to look for perfect ingredients for your party meals. The pre-portioned ingredients are simply delivered to you with easy to follow recipe cards.
Meal Kits Use Top-Quality Ingredients
The delicious meals always include high-quality ingredients, ensuring that you get the best value for your money.
Meal Kits Divers Your Regular Menu
The ample interesting recipes offered will make you seem like a star chef. Since the menu variety is enormous, you will never have to serve the same meal twice!
There is no doubt that all your guests will be very impressed with the meals you serve them.
Our Final Notes
The meal kit services we suggested above have all been personally tested by our team. They all offer delicious and exciting recipes to choose from, suitable for creating an unforgettable party. We do not doubt that your guests will request seconds and even thirds after they try the food.
With all Those meal kit services, you have no commitments, and you can cancel your subscription, skip weeks, or set your account for delivery every other week, at any time.
If you regularly host dinner parties at your home – meal kits are sure to be an excellent help. Make sure to use our great beginners’ promotions and get started with the cooking!