Nutrisystem is all about the holistic weight-loss program that is achieved in a way that is realistic and sustainable. Nutrisystem makes the impressive promise that their customers will lose up to 13 lbs and 7 inches on average in their first month. This is without doing any meal planning, grocery shopping or endless preparation in the kitchen! As a Nutrisystem customer, you will receive calorie-controlled and portioned breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks that will cater to your entire daily dietary requirements. The Nutrisystem meals are created by a team of professionals who are focused on creating successful plans for weight loss.
How does Nutrisystem work?
The key to weight loss is calorie-control, and this is the basis of the success of Nutrisystem. Nutrisystem provides a range of 4-week weight loss meal plans with a range of fully prepared or easy-to-prepare meals and snacks. The team at Nutrisystem believes that for sustainable weight-loss people need to be eating smaller meals and snacks at regular intervals throughout the day.
With Nutrisystem, you will have all your dietary needs catered to which means that if you follow the Nutrisystem meal plan, you will never exceed your recommended daily calorie intake. By providing their customers with meals and snacks that are healthy, delicious, appealing, and fulfilling, Nutristysem has created a fail-proof program that guarantees steady and reliable weight loss.
Will Nutrisystem help you in losing weight?
If you make sure to adhere to the Nutrisystem weight loss meal program, you will lose weight! You will be required to strictly follow the program, which means no skipping meals, no overeating, no eating anything that is not part of the diet, adding vegetables when advised, and drinking the recommended daily amount of water!
According to Nutrisystem, if you follow the Nutrisystem weight loss program strictly, you can expect to see an average weight loss of 11.6 pounds and 8 inches in the first month. You can also find countless reviews on the internet from people who have successfully lost weight with Nutrisystem.
The main pros and cons of the Nutrisystem weight loss plan
There are always going to be pros and cons with anything, and we thought we would look at the main pros and cons of the Nutrisystem meal plan:
Pros of Nutrisystem:
- You will lose weight. Nutrisystem makes the promise that you will lose up to 13 lbs & 7 inches during your first month of using Nutrisystem. This is only valid, though for those who strictly follow the program and all its recommendations and guidelines.
- Convenience – all meals and snacks are ready to either heat and eat or are ready to grab and go!
- Calorie controlled meals that are well-balanced and healthy.
- There are savings available with our beginner’s promotion or the auto-delivery option.
- Varied and extensive menu.
- If for any reason you are dissatisfied, you can take advantage of the Nutrisystem money-back guarantee if you contact them within 14 days of receiving your delivery.
Cons of Nutrisystem:
- The program can be quite restrictive for some. Earing out is not really acceptable when you are following a Nutrisystem 4-week plan.
- It could be seen to be expensive though please remember that Nutrisystem caters to all your dietary requirements for 7 days a week for a month.
- It requires you to follow their plan for a month, so not ideal for those who need a flexible schedule.
What will I be eating when I am on the Nutrisystem meal program?
When you are following the Nutrisystem weight loss meal program, you will be eating a delicious range of meals and snacks regularly throughout the day. Nutrisystem is all about delivering meals and snacks that are portion and calorie-controlled. In your first week you will receive a ‘fresh start’ box which is designed to kick-start your metabolism so you can begin losing weight straight away. From week two you will receive a range of Nutrisystem meals that you will supplement with some additional ingredients, most of which are fresh vegetables.
Following is a typical day on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan. Please note that this plan is for women as men will have an additional snack at some stage during the day. Nutrisystem advises that you need to add 4 servings of fresh or steamed vegetables to this day’s plan.
- Breakfast: Cinnamon streusel muffin
- Morning snack: Sweet and salty nut bar
- Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich
- Afternoon snack: Red velvet cupcake
- Dinner: Mushroom stuffed chicken breast
- Evening snack: White cheddar popcorn
Nutrisystem plans review
The key to the success of the Nutrisystem weight loss meal plan is that they provide all the meals and snacks you will need for a four-week period (other than the extra veggies that you will need to add). This is excluding the addition of some additional ingredients which generally consist of fresh vegetables. Nutrisystem also offers a Men’s Plan and a Diabetes Plan. Please note that the Basic, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Ultimate Plans can all be made available as Men’s Plans and/or Diabetes Plans. Once you have achieved your weight-loss goals, Nutrisystem provides a range of ‘Nutrisystem® Success’ transition and maintenance plans, that can assist with sustaining your goal weight. All meals and snacks are naturally calorie and portion-controlled and designed for weight-loss.
- Basic Plan – a 28-day plan. 5 Nutrisystem meals per day – breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Uniquely Yours Plan – as above, but with the choice of over 160+ delicious menu items that include frozen and non-frozen choices.
- Uniquely Yours Ultimate Plan – as above but with 7 meals per day instead of 5.
- Vegetarian Plan – a 28-day plan. 5 Nutrisystem meals per day – breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. The choice of over 90+ vegetarian meals and snacks.
Is the Nutrisystem weight loss meal program easy to follow and maintain?
The beauty of the Nutrisystem weight loss meal program is that it is very easy to follow. It is simply a matter of eating what is recommended at the time they recommend, adding additional vegetables when advised and ensuring you drink the appropriate amount of water. As you are regularly eating meals and snacks that are designed to satisfy your taste-buds, the Nutrisystem weight loss plan is designed to avoid that feeling of deprivation. It is very important for the program to be successful that all recommendations and guidelines are followed.
what is great about Nutrisystem is that the company does offer both maintenance diet plans, Plus a very informative “The Leaf” website by Nutrisystem, which will help you follow the diet rules and give you many helpful tips, even when not ordering their meal program.
Nutrisystem for specific diets:
- Nutrisystem for diabetics: Nutrisystem offers their Basic, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Ultimate plans in diabetes-friendly versions called Nutrisystem D. They have a team of experts who have designed a range of meals and snacks that will allow you to lose weight, manage your Type 2 Diabetes and lower your A1C. Nutrisystem D is chosen by almost half a million Americans living with Prediabetes or Type 2 Diabetes.
- Nutrisystem for vegetarians: Vegetarians are also well looked after by Nutristyem with a Vegetarian Plan. This includes a menu of over 90+ vegetarian meals and snacks available for you every week.
The Nutrisystem menu variety review
One of the very appealing features of Nutrisystem is that you will have access to a menu that is extensive and filled with a delicious array of choices. With over 160 options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, it is impossible to get bored, which is one of the keys to successful weight loss! The Nutrisystem menu tends to include meals that are popular and quite classic. Obviously, all options are low in calories, portion-controlled, well-balanced and designed for healthy eating. As a Nutrisystem customer, you will find a range of culinary influences and styles in meals that range from pasta, pizza, stir-fries, and noodles to all-American classics like burgers and red velvet cupcakes!
Nutrisystem nutritional values review
One thing that is guaranteed when using Nutrisystem is that you will be enjoying meals and snacks that have been designed for weight-loss. As Nutrisystem approaches weight-loss in a holistic, healthy and sustainable way, all their meals are well-balanced and contain the highest possible nutritional values. With Nutrisystem you will find:
- Powerful food combinations that keep you energized
- Meals with healthy lean proteins
- Meals that are filled with high fiber values allowing you to feel satisfied for longer
- Meals that are filled with low-glycemic carbs that stabilize your blood sugars
- Meals without artificial sweeteners or flavors
- Meals that provide 1,800 to 2,000 mg of sodium daily that is less than the USDA recommended daily amount of 2,300 mg or less.
In summary of our Nutrisystem review
Our team at the Meal Kit Comparison knows how hard it is to lose weight. If you are looking for a way to achieve your weight-loss goals fast and without the stress of counting your calories and over the top meal preparation, then we can’t recommend the Nutrisystem weight loss meal delivery program highly enough. They offer an affordable, easy to use and stress-free weight-loss solution. We also love the fact that they offer a money-back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied, you can get your money back within 14 days, which shows how confident Nutrisystem is in their service. Ultimately if you follow their program you will lose weight. It is as simple as that!