One of the main ways to achieve weight loss is through healthy eating, which can be done by following the Mediterranean diet. This diet mainly focuses on plant-based foods, whole grains, good fats, and seafood, with limited red meat.
This article will review the Sun Basket Mediterranean meal plan, including the main benefits of the service and our hands-on experience.
Sun Basket Mediterranean Plan Offer
Sun Basket acknowledges the Mediterranean diet health benefits and the fact that it was ranked as the #1 diet overall by U.S. News & World Report.
The Mediterranean meal plan offers a few meal kit options, all with fresh ingredients. The meals are approved by certified in-house dietitians and are perfectly portioned, with About 550-800 calories per serving.
The Mediterranean meal kits are also packed with good protein, fiber, and good fats like olives, nuts, seeds, and avocados.
Sun Basket’s focus is also on convenience. The meals are effortless and fast to cook, and you are guaranteed to get only fresh ingredients delivered to your doorstep, with no grocery store required.
Our Experience with The Sun Basket Mediterranean Diet Menu
Sun Basket makes it easy to order online. We had to register an account, sign up, set up our payment option, and make an order. After registering for the plan, we chose our meals for the first delivery.
The company uses a widely spread delivery system that ships out the fresh ingredients in a medium-size box straight to your household at your chosen delivery date.
In our first box, we got three Mediterranean diet recipes to try out. Before we start telling you about each, we have to mention our high impression of the level of ingredients we got!
Everything looked amazingly fresh – from veggies like green peas, lettuce, and broccoli, to the excellent quality of the organic chicken and fresh shrimps.
Here are the meals we tried:
- Orzo Bowls with Broccoli, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Pistou – Here is an easy-to-make vegetarian dish that focuses on whole grains and vegetables. We enjoyed this one very much – The herbs gave a robust flavor to the overall recipe, along with an aromatic flair.
- Lemongrass Steak Lettuce Cups with Pickled Vegetables – Here is a gluten-free and dairy-free dish with aromatic flair. To make the dish even leaner, we switched the protein from steak to chicken! For us, the secret to these fast, easy lettuce cups is the lemongrass paste, which combines aromatic garlic, ginger, and turmeric with lemongrass. These cups were easy to assemble and took only 14 minutes to cook.
- Mediterranean Shrimp with Couscous Salad and Green Goddess Dressing – A simple dish with pan-cooked shellfish, pearl couscous, and veggies. The snap peas and mini peppers give this meal some crunch and beautiful colors, and the lightly browned shrimps bring out some great delicate flavor. All of this, combined with the delicious goddess dressing made out of mayo, parsley, apple cider vinegar, anchovy paste, and garlic – MADE THIS DISH A WINNER!
Other Sun Basket Mediterranean Recipes You Must Try Out
- Braised Chickpeas and Carrots with Quinoa and Yogurt
- Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes, Feta, and Orzo
- Salmon with Green Romesco and Apple-Poppy Seed Salad
- Baja Sole in Parchment with Avocado-Citrus Salad
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken with Broccoli and Artichokes
Key Benefits of The Sun Basket Mediterranean Meal Service
- You get tasty meals with delicious bites in every one of them.
- The recipes are easy to cook, alongside a few oven-ready and speedy options for convenience.
- You get high-quality organic ingredients. Sun Basket sources organic ingredients from local trustworthy farms and suppliers.
- Portion control meals, for less food waste and healthier eating.
- You can also control your calorie-count with the specialized menu.
- With a variety of meals, you have plenty of choices to consider every week.
- Flexibility to change proteins in your selected meals.
- Several healthy add-ons, such as fresh and pre-cooked seafood, Fresh pasta, healthy snacks, and more.
- You can easily divert your dinner menu at home.
- You can decide to skip weeks when needed or cancel at any time.
Do We Recommend Sun Basket Mediterranean Plan?
If you want to enjoy the Mediterranean diet’s health benefits or already on it but want to diversify your meals, we highly recommend the Sun Basket Mediterranean meal plan!
Sun Basket is with no doubt one of our most favorite meal kit services, and for many reasons. The company makes it easy for you to try out different recipes, with a clear focus on healthy organic eating and ease of use.
So give it a go – What are you waiting for?