Freshly is a fully prepared meal delivery service which is ideal for people who are short on time or who don’t like cooking. Freshly is a service that is designed so that you can spend more time doing what you love with your friends and family. The Freshly meals are prepared with quality, healthy and gluten-free ingredients.
We understand that people’s preferences and situations can change, and there may come a time when you want to look at alternatives for the Freshly service. You might be interested in a change or simply wanting to look at options before you make your first order. We know that Freshly is a service that requires minimal preparation and little clean-up. When looking at alternatives to the Freshly service, we have suggested our favorite companies that offer something similar when it comes to convenience.
1. Home Chef Fresh and Easy Plan – Easy to prep meals as an alternative for Freshly
Home Chef is not a fully prepared meal delivery service, but it does offer a new and exciting Fresh and Easy plan which is an ultimate convenient meal kit services. Home Chef is a well-established meal kit delivery service that is known for the quality of its ingredients and recipes. The Fresh and Easy Plan includes an extensive range of options that have been designed with the needs of time-poor people in mind. The menu includes options that take no longer than 15 minutes to cook and oven-ready meals that arrive in an oven-safe disposable tray and simply need to be placed in the oven. You will also find slow cooker meals, grill ready meals and entrée salad meals with pre-cooked proteins that take no longer than five minutes to prepare.
Home Chef uses a trusted network of suppliers and uses the best quality ingredients in their meal kits. Their menu caters to a multitude of dietary and lifestyle requirements with any allergens and dietary classifications marked on their recipes.
Following are what we consider to be the key benefits of using the Home Chef Fresh & Easy Plan:
- Convenience – meals that are prepped, portioned and ready to cook. Minimal preparation required but still enjoy that home-cooked feel.
- Quality ingredients that are sourced from a trusted network of suppliers.
- Extensive menu that caters to many dietary requirements. Includes the option for a low-carb or low-calorie menu.
- No maximum limit on orders.
- Flexibility to pause or cancel your subscription at any time without penalty.
2. Balance by BistroMD – Healthy Freshly alternative
Balance by BistroMD is a fully prepared meal delivery service designed by Dr Caroline Cederquist, a specialist in bariatric medicine. Bariatric medicine is the study of how the body converts its food into energy, so you know that this company was created to deliver meals that contain the optimum nutritional content. All meals from BistroMD have been approved by a team of nutritional experts and are well-balanced and healthy. BistroMD is there to support a healthy lifestyle in an ultra-convenient way.
Balance by BistroMD has an extensive menu of over 150 options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. They cater to many specialty diets and use only the best quality ingredients.
Following are what we consider to be the key benefits of using Balance by BistroMD:
- Convenience – meals, and snacks that are fully prepared then frozen and delivered directly to your door.
- Quality ingredients that are nitrate, phosphate, chemical, and additive-free.
- Extensive menu that has options for all meals and snacks.
- No membership required so order as little or as much as you want as frequently as you want.
- A great option for those with weight-loss goals.
3. SUN BASKET OVEN READY MEALS:
Sun Basket is a meal delivery company focused on healthy eating and convenience, making it our number one Freshly alternative!
The Sun Basket service provides both 20 minutes meal kits and prepared oven-ready meals (marked as “Fresh & Ready”) that have been designed by chefs and nutritionists then delivered straight to your door.
If you are a busy person with little time or simply someone who is not a fan of cooking, you will love the Sun Basket organic meal delivery service. All that is required of you with their oven-ready meals is to heat it in the oven, then sit down to enjoy it!
The Sun Basket oven-ready meals use only the best ingredients and are nutritionally well-balanced. The company works with 100+ farms to ensure the supply of only the best organic produce in their meals. The company only uses responsibly raised poultry and meats, sustainably sourced seafood and only works with trusted suppliers.
The Sun Basket menu caters to many dietary and lifestyle requirements. You will find meals suitable for gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and low low-carb, just to name a few.
Few tempting meal options on the menu are the Chicken cacciatore with spaghetti, the Cauliflower mac & cheese, or the Shrimp diablo tacos with roasted peppers and queso fresco.
Following are the key benefits of using Sun Basket:
- Convenience – Enjoy Oven-Ready and speedy chef-designed meals that only require very little work.
- All-organic and sustainably-raised ingredients.
- A varied menu, including options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and healthy snacks.
- Choose from 20+ meals per week.
- Option for a one-time order.
- Option to Customize the protein in your selected meals.
- Change, pause, or cancel your subscription at any time without hidden fees.