What you eat is essential when you have cancer. Your body needs enough calories and nutrients to stay strong.
The best recommendation is to stick with a balanced diet with healthy calories coming from lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy, and limiting your sugar, caffeine, salt, and alcohol.
Some dietitians recommend moving to a pescatarian diet, which is a vegetarian diet with the addition of eating kinds of seafood.
Foods like nuts, yogurt, pre-chopped veggies and fruits, and whole grains are easy options. Make sure to eat lots of good protein like seafood, chicken, and plant-based proteins like beans and seeds.
When undergoing cancer treatment, making fresh meals is not one thing you would like to concern yourself with. Planning for the days when you won’t feel like cooking anything is probably the smart thing to do. To fill your fridge with healthy foods, especially those that need very little or no cooking at all.
It can be challenging to find meals and ingredients that provide you with the nutrition that is required. There are, however, a few great meal kits and prepared meal delivery services that offer meal plans that are in line with the American Cancer Society’s nutrition guidelines.
Many of these services offer vegetarian meals, vegan meals, and other meals in line with a pescatarian and lean and clean diet. These companies can deliver breakfast, lunch, and dinner to you and your family members.
Best Meal Delivery Services We Recommend For Cancer Support
All these recommended meal delivery companies are the best meals on wheels that you can find, and the meals provide you with the cancer support you may require.
1. Sun Basket – Organic Meal Kit Option, Excellent For Cancer Patients
Sun Basket meal kit delivery meals are all incredibly delicious while also providing customers with the necessary nutrient that they require from the meals. Registered dietitians have Approved the Sun Basket healthy meals to ensure that the person receiving them is getting the best-required nutrients.
The meals are healthy and low in calories, and they offer a great weekly selection of pescatarian, lean, vegan, and vegetarian meals that can fit cancer patients.
Sun Basket uses organic, high-quality products, arriving fresh from a few local farms.
Their nutritious meals are designed to be very easy to cook. The menu offers many speedy recipes with 15 min cooking time and oven-ready meals that you just need to put in the oven.
Moreover, the menu offers excellent fully prepared breakfast and lunch options to add to your box.
Suggested meal options that fit cancer patients needs on the Sun Basket menu:
- Spicy bucatini arrabbiata with shrimp, mushrooms, and green beans – Pescatarian meal
- Green goddess chicken salad lettuce cups with roasted almonds -lean protein, low-carb, gluten-free meal
- Black bean and quinoa Buddha bowls with zucchini and avocado – a vegan meal with healthy proteins.
- Blackened sole with pickled carrots and sweet mini peppers – Pescatarian gluten-free and lean meal
- Fully prepared breakfast option – Egg Bite with spinach and feta cheese
- Fully prepared breakfast option – Roasted almond and Himalayan pink salt oatmeal cup
- Fully prepared lunch option – Quick quinoa meal with artichokes and roasted pepper
Sun Basket is offering a subscription-based service for two-person or four-person. The company also provides unique diet plans like a gluten-free meal plan, a Mediterranean meal plan, a low-carb meal plan, and more.
2. Diet To Go – Premade Meal Delivery Service, Good for Cancer Support
The Diet to Go service provides fully prepared meal plans, with a vast collection of weekly meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner available.
This meal-delivery service mantra is that it all starts with excellent balanced and healthy food that is super easy to consume. With Diet to Go, you can forget about stressful planning, preparing, or wasting time on grocery shopping.
With Diet to Go, all you need to do is choose one of their award-winning plans and customize menu requirements to fit your taste and needs perfectly. They will take care of the rest. Each week you will get a food supply of freshly prepared meals that you just need to heat and eat at home. You can choose between 5 days plan to 7 days plan, for lunch and dinner only, or a full-board breakfast, lunch, and dinner service.
The Diet to Go meal plan is designed with health and high nutrition in mind. The meals combine mouth-watering, restaurant-quality flavors with dietitian-approved fresh portions, making it easy for American cancer patients to stay on track with their diet. The meals are designed for one-person.
Here are some recommend meal options you should get:
- Breakfast meal – Kale and swiss frittata
- Lunch meal – Black bean & feta cheese wrap with wild Rice Salad, Sour Cream
- Lunch meal – Captain Stewart’s seafood sandwich with pretzel roll and tartar sauce
- Dinner meal – Stir fry chicken with oriental veggies and brown rice
- Dinner meal – Shrimp with Spanish style rice, steamed veggies, and sauce
3. Green Chef – USDA Approved Balanced Living Meal Plan For Cancer Patients
Green Chef is an excellent meal kit service for ensuring you are eating well for dinner. The company offers various easy-to-follow meal plans for every lifestyle, including balanced living, nutritious meals that can fit cancer patients’ needs perfectly.
When Subscribing and ordering from Green Chef, you know you get quality! The company makes sure to use USDA approved high-quality premium ingredients that come pre-measured and prepped, saving you time and effort. All you have to do is follow an easy step-by-step recipe card with photos.
The best meal plan that supports cancer patients’ needs is the ‘Balanced Living’ plan, with a diverse and flexible weekly menu, offering plenty of choices of seafood, chicken, and vegetarian dinners.
A few meal options we suggest to get from Green Chef:
- Honey-citrus glazed salmon with Mangos, jerk-spiced carrot fries with almonds, roasted broccoli – pescatarian gluten-free meal
- Barbeque chickpea bowls – plant-based ingredients, full of healthy proteins.
- Rosemary-roasted chicken with Kale salad with herb-roasted potatoes, dried figs & pistachios
- Sesame-ginger shrimp bowl with fried eggs, zucchini, boom boom sauce & sesame seeds – 20 min pescatarian and gluten-free meal
- Plant-based protein flautas – A protein-packed filling that’s purely plant-based
4. Balance by BistroMD – Healthy Prepared Meal Delivery Service With Easy Ordering
Balance by BistroMD is a fully prepared meal delivery company, offering ready to heat and eat meals to be delivered to your home. This company is offering a better way to eat with no cooking required!
Choose from a wide variety of nutrition entrees and snacks cooked with high-quality ingredients, free of chemicals and additives. The healthy recipes are designed by an internal team of registered dietitians, focusing on healthy eating.
The Balance by BistroMD service offers a flexible option to order on a one-time purchase. You can order as much or as little as you need, on your schedule and frequency: no minimums order and no memberships required.
Here are few recommended meal options you would want to try:
- Lunch or dinner meal – Barramundi seabass with sweet coconut pineapple sauce –
- Lunch or dinner meal – Grilled Chicken Pesto with Farro Salad
- Breakfast meal – Caramelized mushroom and onion frittata
- Breakfast meal – Greek omelet with fruited Quinoa and almonds
- Lunch or dinner meal – Grilled salmon with light champagne tarragon sauce, paired with french green lentils and whole green beans
- Lunch or dinner meal – Gluten-free and Vegetarian roasted cauliflower and Lentils with charred red pepper sauce
The Balance by BistroMD menu supports many diets like vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, heart-healthy, diabetes-friendly, low-calorie, and more.
Benefits of Using a Meal Delivery Services for Cancer Patients
Using a meal kit delivery service has a wide variety of benefits when you’re dealing with exhausting cancer treatment.
Ease of use
The ease of use relating to the meals is probably the most prominent benefit. You can create fantastic nutritious and healthy meals in a matter of minutes due to everything being pre-prepared for you. This can save you a lot of time and effort in the kitchen, living you more free time for rest.
No more meal planning and grocery shopping
On top of that, you no longer have to concern yourself with planning the meals you would like to have or even go grocery shopping every week. Fresh, high-quality products or meals are delivered to you every week, eliminating the need for these time-consuming and mundane food-related tasks.
Balanced and Healthy meals
The meals that you are provided with are also balanced and have all the necessary nutrients that you might require, especially as a cancer patient. The meals are portion-sized and contain the highest quality ingredients, ensuring that you receive only the best meals.
Varying your meals
Meal delivery services supply home meals that feel like restaurant-quality food, with a diverse menu that keeps changing every week.
Our Final Notes
The meal delivery services listed above offer the best food options in our eyes for cancer patients. Knowing that your meals are taken care of allows you to have more freedom and time to go about other more important tasks while knowing that you will receive great and nutritious meals throughout the day.
You can sign up for any of the recommended meal kit services and browse their menus to determine which of them is most suited to your liking and health needs.
When you make an order, make sure to use our excellent promotion codes for new customers.