What is Home Chef Fresh and Easy Meal Delivery?
Home Chef is one of the original meal kit services operating in the USA. If you’re looking for some delicious and convenient eating at home, look no further than the vast collection of meals offered by Home Chef! The home-cooked meals are filled with high-quality ingredients and simply taste delicious.
Home Chef’s mantra is – Home Cooking Made Simple. Therefore, the meal kits are always generally straightforward to prepare.
In this honest review, we will look at the specific Home Chef ‘Fresh and Easy’ meal plan.
This meal plan is the ultimate convenience service from the Home Chef kitchens, designed with meals that are ready in no time. It is all about delicious and healthy dining at home with fully prepared and ready-to-cook meal options.
The Fresh and Easy Meal Plan – Who Is It For?
If you are short on time to cook and in need of a healthy, diverse, yet quick meal solution, then the Home Chef ‘Fresh and Easy’ meal plan is just the right option for you.
It is ideal for busy people who are always on the go or busy householders who are left with no power to cook after a long day.
The plan’s convenient meals require minimal preparation and clean-up – So a delicious and healthy dinner (or lunch) is ready in no time and no fuss!
What is the Difference Between Fresh and Easy and Other Meal Delivery Services?
The main difference is the ease of use. While all meal kit services offer convenience, the Fresh and Easy plan takes this agenda to the next level – It is indeed the Easiest. Meal Kit Delivery Plan. Ever!
With the Fresh and Easy plan, dinner in your house can be ready at no time. The pre-portioned ingredients you get for each meal come prepped and, in many cases, premade. You just need to assemble the ingredients and throw them in the oven/microwave/grill/slow-cooker.
Main Reasons to Order ‘Fresh and Easy’ Meals
- Healthy eating made easy – minimal preparation time for balanced meals.
- No mess, No fuss – minimal clean-up needed, if any at all.
- Budget-friendly price per serving.
- Delicious meals – grill-ready meals that come in grill-safe bags, oven-ready meals that come inside an oven-safe tray, salads, 15-min meal kits, slow-cooker meals, and ready to heat and eat meals!!
- Meals are well-known favorite classics with surprising and tasty twists.
- All meals are either prepared or pre-portioned and ready to cook.
- High-quality ingredients in every meal.
- The plan accommodates some dietary preferences such as vegetarian, low-carb, soy-free, and low-calorie meal options.
The Fresh and Easy Review
The Home Chef Fresh and Easy Plan include meals for two to six people per week, as you choose. This plan has no maximum limit on orders, so you can order as many meals as needed. You can refer to our in-depth review of Home Chef here, but today we are just focusing on the new addition to the Home Chef family of plans – and that is their new Fresh and Easy Plan.
This plan is all about convenience and includes meals that require minimal preparation and, in many instances, are ready to cook.
Fresh and Easy Plan Features
- 15-minutes meal kit options – Lunch or dinner can be made in no time, with meal kits that take no longer than 15 minutes to prep and cook, with very little mess in the kitchen.
- Oven-Ready meals – Meals delivered in a disposable oven-safe tray and ready for the oven! These oven-ready meals require no preparation and no cleanup!
- Grill-Ready meals – Ready to go on your grill whenever you are, with a grill safe bag included.
- Heat and Eat meals – Single-serving dishes to heat in the microwave for satisfying flavors that take zero effort.
- No prep Entrée salad meals that come with everything you need for a quick and easy salad. Just combine the ingredients and enjoy.
- Slow cooker meals – Shot prep-time ingredients that you just need to place in the slow cooker and let it cook.
- Customers can opt for a low-calorie or low-carb option menu.
- Customers can advise any food groups that they do not eat, and the available menu will be adjusted accordingly every week.
Managing your Home Chef Fresh and Easy Account
Home Chef makes it easy to subscribe to their services with an easy-to-use website and app.
To begin your subscription process and make the first order, you need to enter your email address and select the number of meals and servings you would like to get in your delivery box per week. You can then choose your dietary preferences, update your shipping address, payment details, and finally choose your meals.
Home Chef Fresh and Easy plan is available as a subscription service and not as a one-time order. However, the subscription offers a great deal of flexibility:
- There is no maximum number of meals you can order per week, and that you can order up to six servings per meal.
- You can choose your weekly meals for up to six weeks in advance.
- You can skip a week whenever required and pause your account at any moment.
- You can customize most of the meals – change to the protein of your choice or double-up the protein in your meal.
Some of the Home Chef’s Fresh and Easy Meals:
- Stroganoff Pork Meatballs with Potatoes and Peas – oven-ready meal, with easy prep and pan included
- Bacon and Swiss Burger with Red Potatoes – Just put in the included grill-safe bag and throw it on the grill
- Everything Bagel Chicken with Parmesan Green Beans – veggies and proteins come with easy prep and oven-safe pan.
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with Basil Sweet Corn Succotash – easy prep meal with pan included.
- New Mexican-Style Cheese Enchiladas with Beef and Poblano Sauce – Microwave ready meal, with zero prep work.
- Green Goddess Salad – prep in only 5 minutes, with no cooking required.
- Slow-Cooker Orange Chicken and Broccoli with jasmine rice and crispy wontons
The Home Chef ‘Fresh and Easy’ Meal Plan Menu:
You will find a range of delicious options on Home Chef’s Fresh and Easy Plan menu.
The Home Chef recipes tend to be quite classic, but you will discover they include some modern and tasty twists.
The menu has dishes from all over the globe that are quick and easy to prepare and broaden your culinary horizons.
The Fresh and Easy Plan focuses on convenience, so the menu includes meals prepared for the oven, grill, and slow-cooker, plus some tempting quick salads. There are also stove-cooking meal kit recipes that take only 15 minutes to cook.
Our Tasting Experience
At the Meal Kit Comparison, we are passionate about helping you navigate your way through the growing meal kit and meal delivery services industry.
To do so, we trial every component of the companies that we review. This reviewing process includes subscribing to the service, ordering a few boxes, cooking, and tasting the meals.
We have always appreciated Home Chef meal delivery service and the fact that they use such fresh veggies and proteins, and we loved our experience with their new Fresh and Easy Plan. The meals were indeed effortless to cook, satisfying, and an absolute treat to eat.
Home Chef is proud of the network of quality suppliers that they work with to provide the highest standard of ingredients in all their ready meals, snacks, and meal kits.
Home Chef work in close collaboration with their suppliers to ensure that they follow industry-aligned animal welfare standards, as defined by trade associations, including the National Chicken Council.
One of the benefits of using a meal kit delivery service is receiving meals that professional chefs and nutritionists have crafted. A meal kit delivery service is one of the easiest ways to ensure that you look after your body’s nutritional needs.
The Home Chef meals contain the healthiest ingredients and are designed to be well-balanced. Your Fresh and Easy meals also include full dietary details provided online. The Home Chef Fresh and Easy Plan also have some meal options that are low in calories or low-carb every week.
Unboxing The Delivery Box
Home Chef makes sure to provide a well-organized delivery box as part of their excellent service. Your chosen Fresh and Easy meals will arrive in a specially designed box that includes insulation and gel ice-pack, so everything stays at a proper temperature throughout the delivery process and for a few hours after.
When you open your box, you can also expect to find the following:
- Ingredients in separate bags or containers per meal
- Recyclable pans and/or grill-safe bags
- Colorful recipe cards
- Reusable gel ice packs and insulated liners
To stay more eco-friendly, most of the Home Chef packaging items are recyclable, and they are making every effort to be an environmentally friendly company.
Home Chef is available across America, and they currently deliver to 98% of the country. You can check availability in your zone by inputting your zip code during the registration process.
Home Chef has an extensive FAQ area on the app or website. You should find the answers to most questions regarding the service.
However, if you can’t find what you are looking for, they have a professional customer support team you can reach at 872 225 2433.
You can also reach customer support via this form – https://support.homechef.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Bottom Line – Does Fresh and Easy By Home Chef Worth It? YES!
Our team at the Meal Kit Comparison makes no secret of the fact we love the Home Chef service, and we were excited to try and review the specific Fresh and Easy meal plan.
We are delighted to report that with the Fresh and Easy Plan, Home Chef has created an ideal option for those with busy lives but still like to eat well at home. The meals are full of fresh ingredients, pre-portioned, and ready to cook in a few short minutes.
This plan is filled with delicious, easy-to-prepare meals that require minimum effort or clean up – So cooking is a breeze.
The Fresh and Easy Plan is all about making life less stressful while assisting you to eat well at home.
The main difference between Home Chef and Fresh and Easy is the purpose of each. Home Chef is intended for those who want to cook more at home without heading to the grocery store. This meal kit service was created with chefs of all abilities in mind, making it accessible for anyone to craft more homemade meals.
When ordering Home Chef, you’ll receive a carton with recipe instructions and perfectly portioned ingredients, allowing you to craft your meals. This alleviates the pain of purchasing too much of one food item, meaning less food waste. Plus, you won’t need to search for hours for recipes online.
In comparison, Fresh and Easy – a meal plan offered by Home Chef – supplies premade and quick meals to cook (15 minutes or less) for those who are busy and don’t have the time or want to cook homemade meals. Yet, you still get the homemade meal feeling and adjust the foods to your dietary needs.
There are various options when ordering Fresh and Easy, ranging from meals ready to cook in minutes arriving in the microwave and oven-safe containers. There are also options for salads and grill-ready meals, which only require a combing of pre-measured ingredients. Quick and easy is the name of the game when Fresh and Easy is on the menu.
Surprisingly, Home Chef and Fresh and Easy are the same price per meal. Regardless of whether you’re cooking your meal or it’s arriving premade, you’ll be able to take advantage of the same pricing.
How many meals are chosen each week and the number of servings included affect the pricing. For example, more servings and more meals will increase the total price.
As mentioned above in this review, you can select meals for up to six people each week with both Home Chef and Fresh and Easy, with a maximum of six meals/recipes delivered weekly.
As a note, when deciding on servings, families can assume children will eat about half of a portion depending on age and dietary needs. Use this as a guide when choosing the servings for the first week and adjust from there.
Home Chef does not arrive frozen. Instead, it’s packed in biodegradable packaging intended to keep the food cool. Also included are gel packs, ensuring the food comes chilled, not frozen.
When you receive a Home Chef package, items like fresh produce, protein sources, dairy, and fresh pasta should be shifted into the refrigerator as quickly as possible.
Canned goods and dried pasta, grains, and hearty root vegetables should be kept in cool, dry areas. This allows for the freshest tasting ingredients and best possible meals.
While there are no Home Chef meals that arrive fully cooked and ready to eat, various Home Chef meals include pre-cooked meat and vegetables, allowing for shorter prep time.
Like Fresh and Easy, Home Chef provides multiple options, including microwave-ready meals, AKA Fast and Fresh meals.
There are also oven-ready meals, meals you can grill, an array of meal kits, and even recipes that you can complete in fifteen minutes or less.
Here are a few Fast and Fresh menu items available for selection:
- New Mexican-Style Cheese Enchiladas with Beef and Poblano Sauce -this meal is ready to cook with zero prep.
- Poblano Popper and Beef Tri-Tip Cheesy Pasta – microwave and oven-ready for an easy, quick meal.
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta with Bell Peppers and Spinach – comes with pre-cooked pasta making it easy to assemble and microwave.
Home Chef meals provide options for any schedule from busy professionals to stay-at-home parents. With a filtering system allowing customers to choose between lower calorie, lower carb, and vegetarian, Home Chef is a customizable option for anyone.
If you don’t have time to run to the store each week or want an easier way to cook dinner from home, Home Chef meals are worth it.
The meals are tasty, with an additional option of swapping different protein sources during the selection process, using the “Customize It” button. Beyond the level of customization from a protein standpoint, the sheer amount of cooking options push Home Chef’s meal kits to the forefront.
Home Chef is easy, convenient, and adaptable to one’s time frame and a good number of dietary needs.