Busy? Read this quick South Beach Diet Review
Weight loss meal programs are becoming more and more popular. The main reason for their increasing popularity is because they simply work! Those plans have designed a sensible and achievable way of losing weight by providing delicious, fully prepared meals and snacks that are calorie-controlled and highly nutritious.
Today we are going to review the South Beach Diet meal plan.
The South Beach Diet was the brainchild of Miami based cardiologist Dr. Arthur Agatston. He was the creator of the actual South Beach Diet which is a weight-loss diet based on a low-carb philosophy. After Dr Agatston saw how successful this program was in his practice, he established the South Beach Diet weight loss meal plan to make following the South Beach Diet as easy as possible. The South Beach Diet weight loss meal plan delivers fully prepared meals straight to your door. All meals are low in carbs and sugars and high in lean protein. The entire program is designed to boost your metabolism and help your body to burn fat in a healthy and sustainable way.
How does South Beach Diet work?
The South Beach Diet meal plan works by providing a range of 4-week plans and a 1-week body reboot plan, that are all designed for optimum and fast weight loss. There are three different phases in the South Beach Diet that combine to create an effective weight loss program. The three phases of the South Beach Diet weight loss meal program are as follows:
Phase 1 – Body Rebook Week. This phase is designed to kickstart your metabolism so that you can lose up to 7lbs in the first week. You will be eating a carefully selected range of meals and snacks that are low in carbs and sugars, high in lean protein and include generous amounts of vegetables and healthy fats.
Phase 2 – Steady Weight Loss. This phase comes immediately after phase 1 and will involve a more varied menu. You will also be enjoying meals that include some good complex carbs like whole grains, fruits and more vegetables. This phase is designed for slow and steady weight loss that will stay off!
Phase 3 – Maintenance. This phase comes after you have achieved your weight loss goals and is designed to allow you to stay at your ideal weight. It is all about maintenance and enjoying foods in moderation while continuing to follow the principles of the South Beach Diet.
Will South Beach Diet help me to lose weight?
Research has shown that the key to losing weight is strictly controlling your calories. The beauty of the South Beach Diet is that it does all the calorie counting for you and provides you with a plan that covers all your meals and snacks for a month. If you follow the South Beach Diet properly which means eating 6 small meals a day as advised, not skipping meals, and not eating anything that is not contained in the diet, then you will lose weight.
According to the South Beach Diet, you will lose an average of 6 – 7 lbs pounds during phase 1. During phase 2 you could lose up to 2 pounds a week.
The main pros and cons of the South Beach Diet
There are pros and cons to any choice you make in life. The following are the main pros and cons of using the South Beach Diet meal plan as we see it.
Main benefits of using the South Beach Diet service
- The South Beach Diet has a good track record of weight loss, especially in the first week. Expect to lose up to 6 – 7 lbs in the first week of the South Beach Diet. The following weeks can see an average of 1 – 2 pounds per week.
- The low-carb and lean-protein diet has proven to be very effective.
- They have a different range of plans to suit all budgets and lifestyles.
- Highly convenient with fully prepared meals for the duration of the plan.
- Enjoy a varied menu that caters to many dietary and lifestyle requirements.
- To help you stay on track access their tracker app, articles, guides, and recipes.
- Enjoy a free diet analysis service.
Main cons of using the South Beach Diet service
- Phase 1 can be quite restrictive.
- No deviations from the diet are allowed. If you want to be successful, you must follow the diet strictly.
- Not suitable if you eat out on a regular basis.
What can I eat when I am on the South Beach Diet?
Apart from low carb eating the South Beach Diet is also based on the principle of eating smaller, more regular meals during the day. The South Beach Diet recommends that you eat six portioned meals a day. The South Beach Diet plan is all about eating less, but more frequently. On phase 2 of the diet which is all about steady and sustainable weight-loss, you will be eating six times a day.
Following is an example of a day on phase 2 of the South Beach Diet:
Breakfast: Mushroom and Pepper Egg White Omelet
Morning snack: Chocolate Ice Crush Shake Mix
Lunch: Chicken Broccoli and Rice
Afternoon snack: Cheddar Cheese Crisps
Dinner: Roasted Turkey with Herb Gravy
Evening snack: Pretzels
South Beach Diet plans on offer
As a South Beach Diet meal plan customer, you will have a choice of 4 different 4-week plans. The 1-week Body Reboot plan is also available, which is a great way of trying the South Beach Diet to see if it will be a good fit for you. Each of the 4-week plans includes two different phases. Phase 2 is all about rebooting your body and is designed for a fast-initial weight loss while phase 2 is all about steady, sustainable weight loss. You will also have access to guides that assist with eating out and cooking at home.
- 4-Week Silver Plan includes all the basics you need to get started.
- 4-Week Gold Plan includes are a more varied menu with frozen and unfrozen options.
- 4-Week Platinum Plan includes 20 South Simply Fit™ keto-friendly shakes
- 4-Week Diabetes Gold Plan is designed to assist with the management of type 2 diabetes.
- 1-Week Body Reboot: kickstart your metabolism and try out the South Beach Diet.
Is the South Beach Diet easy to follow and maintain?
One of the things we love about the South Beach Diet is that it is so easy! You receive all your meals, snacks and guides for the month. So, all you really need to do is to eat when advised and follow their guidelines. As you will be eating 6 times a day, you will rarely feel hungry and will be enjoying meals and snacks that incorporate a range of tastes and flavors.
moreover, the South Beach Diet does offer a phase 3 program, which is a maintenance program, designed to help you stay on the weight you achieved.
Are dietary requirements catered to with South Beach Diet?
The South Beach Diet offers a pleasing amount of flexibility for those who have dietary requirements.
- South Beach Diet for diabetics: The South Beach Diet provides a specific plan for those with diabetes, and it is said to be very successful in managing type 2 diabetes. As the South Beach Diet recommends steady, sustainable weight loss it is ideal for those who are trying to manage their diabetes and achieve a weight loss goal.
- South Beach Diet for vegetarians: The South Beach Diet meal plan is both vegetarian and vegan-friendly with a wide array of choices that include plant-based protein alternatives.
- South Beach Diet for those on a low-carb diet: The South Beach Diet is based on low-carb principles so it is suitable for anyone following a keto or low-carb diet.
The menu variety with South Beach Diet:
One of the things that we love about the South Beach Diet weight loss meal plan is that they have so much variety you will never get bored with your choices. Their menu includes over 100 menu items with choices for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and shakes. Some menu items are ready to eat; others are frozen, so simply need to be heated. The menu incorporates classic all-American flavors along with tastes from around the world. As a South Beach Diet customer, you will have a tempting range of snack and shake options which is great for keeping things interesting. It is important to note that all meals, shakes, and snacks are nutritionally well-balanced, low in carbs and calorie-controlled.
Nutritional values of South Beach Diet:
All the meals and snacks that are available as part of the South Beach Diet plan are a result of years of research and represent the best in weight-loss nutrition. The meals contain lean proteins like beef, chicken, seafood, and legumes along with healthy fats, generous portions of vegetables and small portions of high-quality carbs. With the South Beach Diet program, the menu is so varied that you will never have to deal with hunger cravings, and you will always have the energy you need. All the South Beach Diet meals and snacks are fully labeled with their nutrition details which are also available on the website. The South Beach Diet follows the American Heart Association’s recommendations of sodium intake, and they ensure their main meals contain 600mg or less of sodium.
So, do we recommend the South Beach Diet meal plan? If you want to lose weight with a weight-loss program that has a proven track record, then yes! The South Beach Diet is well-established and has been helping customers to achieve their awesome weight-loss goals since 2016. The diet is based on a low-carb, high-protein philosophy that combines healthy ingredients with delicious recipes to produce a weight-loss plan that gets results! If you follow the South Beach Diet as instructed, you will lose weight!
If you would like to make a start with the South Beach Diet, we have secured a great beginner’s coupon which you can access here.